Section 08.04 - Written Complaint to State Electrical Inspector
Section 08.05 - Enforcement Procedure
Section 08.06 - Appeal to Superior Court
Section 08.07 - Prosecution of Violation
Section 08.08 - Penalties
These documents are presented for informational purposes only.
For legal use refer to the Veazie Code Archive located in the Town Office.
Section 08.04 Written Complaint to State Electrical Inspector
Upon the discovery of electrical installations which do not comply with this code, the Electrical Inspector, or his authorized agents, may make a written complaint to the State Electrical Inspector, in accordance with 32 M.R.S.A. § 1104.
Section 08.05 Enforcement Procedure
Whenever the Electrical Inspector or his authorized agents determine there is a violation of any provisions of said Code, he shall give written notice of such violation to the property owner, lessee, occupant or their agents. Such notice shall:
- include a description of the real estate in question sufficient for identification; and
- include a description of the violation found and the citation to the provisions violated, of said Code; and
- specify the remedial action required for correction of said violation; and
- order that such violation be corrected within a reasonable period of time; and
- state that an appeal from any order, decision or other action of the Electrical Inspector may be taken to the Town Council by filing with the Building Inspector a written request for a public hearing, within 10 (ten) days of receipt of said written notice.
Section 08.06 Appeal to Superior Court
Further appeal from the decision of the Town Council may be made to the Superior Court in accordance with the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure.
Section 08.07 Prosecution of Violation
Upon the expiration of the reasonable time stated in the written notice provided for in Section 3 of this Ordinance, and the failure to comply with any and all orders, the Town Manager or Code Enforcement Officer may institute proceedings at law or in equity to compel the property owner, lessee, occupant and/or their agents, to comply with the provisions of this Ordinance. In addition, the Town Manager or Code Enforcement Officer may file a criminal complaint in the District Court of the State of Maine for purpose of enforcing the penalty provisions contained in this section.
Section 08.08 Penalties
Every person, firm, partnership, association or corporation who shall violate any provision of this code, shall, at the expiration of such reasonable time as stated in the written notice, be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof, be punished by a fine of not less than $10.00 nor more than $100.00 for each violation. Upon proof of violation or conviction, the violators shall be additionally liable for all court costs and legal fees incurred by the Town.