The State of Maine requires dogs to be licensed in the town where their owner resides. All dogs 6 months or older need to be licensed by December 31st. Late fees are imposed starting on February 1st.
To register your dog at the Town Office:
- The fee is $6.00 for spayed/neutered dog and $11.00 for an unaltered dog.
- Proof of a valid rabies vaccination is required.
- All dogs must be licensed before January 31st of the upcoming year to avoid a $25.00 penalty.
The Town of Veazie Charter limits the number of dogs that are allowed in one household to three. View Charter.
The Town of Veazie participates in the State of Maine’s Dog Licensing Online Purchasing and Renewal Service. Residents of Veazie may register their dogs online on the State’s website.
To license a dog online you will need the following:
- Credit card
- License/tag number (renewal only)
- Current State of Maine Rabies Certificate
- Veterinarian’s name and phone number
- Spay or neuter certificate (if applicable)
When you have all your documentation visit the Dog Licensing Online Purchasing & Renewal Service website.
If you no longer own a dog or are no longer a Veazie resident, please contact the Town Office so we may update our files.