You are required to use your income for basic necessities.
In addition, you must use any and all resources that would reduce your need for GA. If you refuse to use a resource without a good reason, you will be ineligible to receive assistance until you do so. These resources include:
- AFDC, TANF, SSI, SNAP, HEAP fuel benefits, and other government programs
- Trust funds
- Alimony or child support programs
- Educational, retraining, medical, or rehabilitative programs
- Money from others or bills paid by others on your behalf
- Unnecessary assets, such as extra vehicles and real estate, which you may be required to sell