The following must be provided for all household members and submitted with the application.
Identification for all adults and Social Security cards of all household members (including children)
- Passport/Visa and Immigration Paperwork (I-589, etc.)
- Proof of current expenses (most recent bills for your rent or mortgage, heating fuel, electricity, food, medical expenses, vehicle loans, etc. Bills must be current; GA does not pay back bills)
- Canceled checks, receipts, or other documents that show how you have spent any income you received during the past 30 days (repeat applicants)
- Bank and/or credit card statements for all accounts for the past 30 days showing the current balance
- Landlord Verification
- Doctor's statement (if you are unable to work)
- Proof of all current assets (vehicles etc.)
- Proof of all benefits received
- Proof of any and all money, including wages and commission, available to the household during the last 30 days. Income and financial resources are not limited to wages from jobs. Additional income sources include cash on hand, money received, or bills paid by family/friends, income tax refunds, unemployment benefits, child support benefits, social security benefits, SSI/SSDI disability benefits, checking/savings, veteran's Pensions, rental Income, loans, worker's compensation, savings bonds, trust funds annuity, life insurance policies, retirement accounts, school loans, financial resources, car/recreational vehicles, and/or real estate holdings.
It is your responsibility to show that you are eligible for general assistance. If you do not bring all the information requested, your case may be denied until such information is provided.