The Town of Veazie was founded by General Samuel Veazie and incorporated on March 26, 1853. By this time in history, the towns along the Penobscot River had achieved prosperity exploiting the State’s vast lumber resources that were cut and floated down the river to mill in and around Bangor. By the 20th century, the Town of Veazie and its environs began to shed much of its lumber past and a more modern economy emerged.
The Town has since attempted to balance residential and commercial development. Manufacturers and wholesalers take advantage of Veazie’s proximity to local markets with operations in local industrial and commercial sites. At the same time, Veazie has become a bedroom community where residents take advantage of the Town’s beauty and convenient location.