Veazie Planning Board
Call to Order: 7:02 PM
Present: Board members C. Cronan (Chairman), T. Studley, J. Manter (Recorder of the Minutes), and H. Pinkham; Town Official: A. Thomas (CEO).
Meeting Minutes: 15 Oct. 2002 - motion to approve as read: T. Studley, seconded: H. Pinkham, voted 4-0.
CONTINUED WORKSHOP DISCUSSION ON OPEN SPACE ISSUES
Discussion Guide: T. Studley provided an outline for this continued discussion. These following issues were brought for the Board's consideration:
- ownership and maintenance
- path design
- determination of values.
Reviewed were these following:
- T. Studley commented on a TV news program which featured a Saco subdivision developed around a trail network - applications for Veazie?
- Transfer of Development Rights (TDR): H. Pinkham presented a scenario providing for multi-family units as development rights and a ratio of 1.4 acres = each development right;
- road layout was discussed, examining various looping possibilities and the effects of maze layouts; and
- a computerized ARCVIEW application was utilized to illustrate different concepts.
After contributions from each member and CEO Thomas, the issues were refined to note:
* The Board's preference is to keep the Conservation Corridor, as designated on the Zoning Map, clear of roads;
* There is a need to grapple with the issue of setting land ratios for TDR;
* Categories for land used for TDR ratio need to be determined.
Professional Consultant: these tentative tasks for the professional eventually retained:
- Open space valuation and ratios;
- Transportation net layout; and
- Fiscal impact analysis.
Next meeting -
- hone questions for discussions with professional consultant
- J. Manter report on contacts with Saco and Mrs. Jacobs
- continued contacts with Maine State Planning Office re: Comprehensive Plan.
Adjourned: 9:01 PM