Late 1970's - Alvah Weed ran an automobile
sales and service garage here. The garage was originally the Weed barn which was moved over
to its current site in the early 1900's. Today the building houses Jackson Oil.
Late 1970's - R.M. Flagg Company was incorporated in 1928 by Roscoe Flagg and moved to this
location on State Stree in 1966. The building was formerly a Mobil gas station run by Percy Alexander. Flaggs still operates today selling a complete line of food service equipment.
Late 1970's - The original founders of H. Tabenken
& Co. located this business in Veazie in 1947. The business distributed beers, wines and beverages.
The building is now owned by C & W Enterprises.
Late 1970's - The Stucco Lodge is located
on the former site of Morris Canoe Co. The
motel still operates today at its location on