his gunshop on July 7, 1952. The gunshop was located on Maple Street.
Late 1970's - Irving Lancaster built and began his store in 1948. He retired in 1973 leasing the store
to Mr. & Mrs. Carroll Colford. Today Veazie Food & Gas occupies the building.
Late 1970's - Mrs. Sweeney began operating Sweeney's Restaurant in 1947. It was a lunch
room featuring home cooked foods located on
State Street. Mr. & Mrs. Donald Rice purchased
it in 1971.