Late 1970's - Johnson Monumental was originally Clukey and Johnson, beginning their business in 1935 in Brewer. In 1948 Eugene G. Boynton bought the business and moved it to Veazie in 1953. Johnson Monumental still operates today at its location on State Street next to Gagne Precast.
Late 1970's - Frank Jordan, Sr. built and began
his gunshop on July 7, 1952. The gunshop was located on Maple Street.
Late 1970's - Irving Lancaster built and began his store in 1948. He retired in 1973 leasing the store
to Mr. & Mrs. Carroll Colford. Today Veazie Food & Gas occupies the building.
Late 1970's - Mrs. Sweeney began operating Sweeney's Restaurant in 1947. It was a lunch
room featuring home cooked foods located on
State Street. Mr. & Mrs. Donald Rice purchased
it in 1971.