1970's - American Concrete Industries started on Nov. 3, 1919 in a gravel pit at Mt. Hope dealing in burial vaults, under the name of Bangor Automatic Sealing Vault Co. It later moved to 1036 State Street and then to Stillwater Avenue in 1967 where it still remains.
Late 1970's - B & B Distributing located on School Street began operations in 1964 under Roland Kennett. It was purchased by Lawrence Baker in 1976 and sold wholesale meats and some dairy products. It was then purchased by Thather Adams.
Late 1970's - William R. Potter began his business on February 1, 1970 on the site where the former Veazie Sport and Garden was located. The building now sits vacant.
Late 1970's - Maine Cement Products Co. was
built in 1952. In 1958 it was purchased by Mecaw Industries and was enlarged. It was located where Johnson Monuments and Gagne Precast now stand.