Town of Veazie, Maine
1084 Main Street, Veazie, ME 04401
ph: (207) 947-2781
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I apply for general assistance?
People wishing to apply for assistance should call the administrator to schedule an appointment.  Each person needs to complete an application in order to determine eligibility.

What do I need to do to qualify for general assistance?
Each applicant is responsible for providing the general assistance administrator with information necessary to determine eligibility.  This includes information verifying members of the household, documentation of all sources of income received by the household (salary, child support, workers compensation benefits, unemployment, SSI, SSDI, social security, as well as any money received from family members, tax returns, etc.).  Additionally, applicants need to provide documentation of their expenses for basic necessities (these include housing, heat, electricity, water, sewer, food, phone when medically necessarty, prescriptions, etc.) and work related expenses (child care expenses, transportation to work).  The administrator will make a determination of eligibility based on the overall maximums allowed by the State and the municipality.  Clients will receive a decisions